Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eiffel Tower

They all love the Eiffel Tower.
Near the South Pillar of the Eiffel Tower.

Upon arriving in Paris, we headed straight to our familiar Rivoli Restaurant near the Louvre for dinner. Monsieur Bartsch joined us there, and I think we still have him now. Our first big Paris site was the Eiffel Tower. I booked tickets for our group to go to the 900 foot high third platform months ago. Two weeks ago I got an email from the tower letting me know that the third platform was to be closed for renovation during the days we are in Paris. So we only made it to the second platform. And by the apprehensiveness some of our group displayed, perhaps that was high enough (400 feet). The view from the second platform is actually superior to the view from the top, because you are much closer to the sights of Paris. I still would have liked to take everyone to the top though, but I guess if it was in need of some repair, it’s good that they shut it down.
Two more full days in Paris coming up!

6 comments:

  1. Sharing your excited enthusiasm from White Rock!! What a beautiful group, you all are radiating your appreciation of your collective situation! Enjoy, as we're sure you all are... Paris...Vive le France! Onwards and Upwards LFMS Europe Tour!!! L'amour Monika & Robert Czinege

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone!
    You've come a long way since Kindergarten at LFES!!! I was just sent your blog and was checking out your adventure! Looks like fun! One of my daughters actually lived in Paris for 3 years. We were lucky enough to visit her there for a week. What a fabulous city! We are going to Nice for a month in April/May as she is now living and working in Cannes. She has her PHD. in Astro Physics..............so keep hitting the books - all of you!! You never know what opportunities are coming your way as you you begin your 'post high school' years!!!!
    Enjoy the rest of your trip..........I'll keep watching your postings....some name mentions would be great as you have all changed a LOT! Appreciate every moment you have over there......you are very fortunate to be in this group. It is a vacation that you will never forget!!!

    All best wishes,
    Judy Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlene, Joel & all,
    We have really enjoyed seeing the pictures & hearing about the wonderful time that you have been having. It is wonderful to be able to keep in touch with blog. Yes, you are very fortunate to be in this group!! Hope the rest of your trip goes well for all of you. Glenn & Theresa Laube

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Redekop
    I hope you are having your time of your life in Europe. I have been looking at your blog everyday and it seems to be getting more interesting as you go! I can't wait to see you again so you can tell everyone in Divison 1 about your trip! I bet everyong misses you alot!(I know I do)
    Hope to see you soon!
    From:Alix Way
    (I hope you didn't forget who I was sence i haven't seen you for what seems like forever!!!)
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everyone!

    Looks like you are having a great time and people at home are really enjoying reading the blog. Debby, Tyler was thrilled with the surprise that you sent home for him with me. Wishing I was still there with you!

    Mrs. Redekop

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI EVERYONE

    WONDERFUL LOG TO FOLLOW. WE ARE JUST ON OUR WAY HOME FROM A MEXICO CRUISE HOT WEATHER LOTS OF FUN YOU GUYS LOOOK LIKE U R HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. KEEP ENJOYING AND SMILING. SEE YOU ALL SOON GOD BLESS

    THE MACDONALD'S

    ReplyDelete